Who We Are
Our local church is part of a larger denomination named the Church of the Nazarene, which is the largest denomination in the classical Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. The doctrine that distinguishes the Church of the Nazarene and other Wesleyan denominations from most other Christian denominations is that of entire sanctification. Nazarenes believe that God calls Christians to a life of holy living that is marked by an act of God, cleansing the heart from original sin and filling the individual with love for God and humankind. The Church of the Nazarene has over 2.5 million members attending over 30,000 churches around the world.
What We Believe
Agreed Statement of Belief
- We believe in one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that human beings are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.